- Lectures are held on Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm, starting Tuesday 9th July.
- Labs are in the Owheo building - room G14 on the ground floor at the rear of the Owheo Building's East wing (closest to harbour).
Labs start on Wednesday 10th January - THE LABS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS DO NOT BEGIN UNTIL JANUARY 15TH/16TH
Working from home
Lab files are available by logging in to Blackboard and following the Course Documents link.
Your Computer Science Department Home Directory is not directly accessible from off campus. However there are ways to share files between home and the lab.
- You can email code to yourself.
- You can bring it in on a pen drive / memory stick / CD-ROM.
- You can store files for access off and on-campus using the ITS NetStorage link available at http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/students_/. Use your standard university log in (not your computer science department log in).
Otago University Links
Resources on the Web
- DrJava home page
- Java (version 6) Libraries / API
- Overview of Java from Wikipedia
- the Java tutorial from Sun
- the Sun Java New to Java page
- Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years article by Peter Norvig
- Javaworld, for Java news and discussion
- Yahoo's Java page
- the Yahoo page on computer science
- the Yahoo page on programming
- the Yahoo Page on object-oriented programming
- computing jokes
There are many free online resources for learning programming and computer science. Here are a few: