Recent publications (post 2006)
- Compositions of pattern restricted sets of permutations,
Australian J. Combinatorics 37 (2007), 43-56 (with M. H. Albert, R. E.
L. Aldred, H. P. van Ditmarsch, C. C. Handley, D. A. Holton, D. J.
- Computing the longest increasing subsequence of a circular list,
Information Processing Letters 101 (2007) 55-59 (with M. H. Albert, D.
Nussbaum, J. R. Sack, N. Santoro)(pdf).
closed pattern classes of permutations, Australasian J. Combinatorics
38 (2007), 87-100, (with M. H. Albert, R. E. L. Aldred, H.P. van
C.C. Handley, D.A. Holton, D. J. McCaughan, C. Monteith)
- Permutation classes of polynomial growth, Annals of Combinatorics
11 (2007), 249-264 (with
M. H. Albert, R. Brignall)(pdf).
- On permutation pattern classes with two restrictions only, Annals
of Combinatorics 11 (2007), 271-283(pdf).
- Avoiding bias in cards cryptography, Australasian J. Combinatorics
44 (2009) 3-17 (with H. van Ditmarsch, S. Roehling) (pdf)
- Monotonic sequence games, in Games of No Chance 3, MSRI
Publications 56 (2009) 309-327 Cambridge University Press, eds M. H.
Albert, R. Nowakowski (with M. H. Albert, R. E. L. Aldred, C. C.
Handley, D. A. Holton, D. J. McCaughan, and B. E. Sagan)
- Counting 1324, 4231-avoiding permutations, Electronic Journal of
Combinatorics 16 (2009) Paper R136 (9 pages) (with M. H. Albert and V.
- Permutation machines and permutation patterns, In
Permutation Patterns (2010), S. Linton, N. Ruskuc, and V. Vatter, Eds.,
vol. 376 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series,
Cambridge University Press, pp. 67-88.
- Permutations generated by stacks and deques, Annals of
Combinatorics 14 (2010) 3-16 (with M. H. Albert and S. A. Linton) (pdf)
- Avoiding consecutive patterns in permutations (with R. E. L.
Aldred, D. J. McCaughan), Advances in Applied Mathematics 45 (2010)
- Growth rates for subclasses of Av(321), Electronic Journal of
Combinatorics 17 (2010) Paper R141 (16 pages) (with M. H. Albert, R.
Brignall, N. Ruskuc, Rebecca Smith and J. West) (pdf)
- Substitution-closed pattern classes, Journal of Combinatorial
Theory Series A 118 (2011) 317-340 (with R. Smith, N. Ruskuc) (pdf).
- Subclasses of the Separable Permutations (with M. H. Albert and
V. Vatter) Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 2011; doi:
- Counting permutations avoiding 2341 and 4123, European Journal of
Combinatorics 33 (2012, on-line 17/9/2011) 49-61 (with B. E. Sagan and
V. Vatter) (pdf).
- On the inverse image of pattern classes under Bubble Sort (with
M. H. Albert, Mathilde Bouvel, Anders Claesson, Mark Dukes). Journal of
Combinatorics 2 (2011) 231-243 (pdf).
- The enumeration of permutations
avoiding 4231 and 2143 (with M. H. Albert and R. Brignall), Pure
Mathematics and Applications, 22 (2011) 87-98.
- Monotone grid classes (with M. H. Albert, Mathilde Bouvel, N.
Ruskuc, V. Vatter), Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
The enumeration of three pattern classes using monotone grid classes, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 19 (2012) (with M. H. Albert
and R. Brignall)
- Classes of permutations with infinitely many well-behaved simple
permutations (with M. H. Albert and V. Vatter)
- Pattern classes and priority queues (with M. H. Albert) pdf
Edited conference proceedings
- Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Permutation
Patterns, Florence 2009, in Pure
Mathematics and Applications 21, Issue 2 (2010) (with Luca Ferrari)